The Reflexology Association of Australia Limited

National Office 07 3396 9001


What Possible Job Opportunities Are There For Reflexology Students

Students require a standard of business skills and their own equipment before seeking work experience or job opportunities. Your tutor should be assisting you with these skills. A mentor from the RAoA web site can also help. Mentor List

Here is a list of possible businesses to approach but be aware that there are lots of other opportunities in our communities were you can work with Reflexology. The key is to find an environment that accepts Reflexology and some place that you, as the Reflexologist, feel comfortable. Offer your skills to;

• Mining employees
• Hairdressing Salons
• School Staff and School Support Officer 's –offer introduction sessions SSO week
• Residential Age Care Facilities
• Aboriginal Age Care Organisations
• Allied Health Practices
• Rehabilitation Facilities
• Community Health and Care Organisations HACC Funded
   (Home and Community Care)
• Sporting Clubs
• Hospital Residential Care
• School Parent and Friends Groups
• Community Events – expos, markets, fund raisers ...
• Childhood Learning Centres

Document is by RAoA CPT Director – Susan Jean Ramsey January 2015

Where do I send my membership form?

Please send your completed Membership Applicatin to our postal address to the attention of the "Membership Officer", PO Box 253 Wynnum Central Qld 4178.

Alternatively completed Applications can also be scanned and emailed to our email address.

These details are also available on each Application Form. 

What are the training requirements to be a reflexologist?

Currently the training requirements are a Certificate IV in Reflexology and the Diploma of Reflexology from a Registered Training Organisation.

Do you have student membership?

Yes we do. If you are currently studying an approved Reflexology qualification you may be eligible for Free Student Membership.  Please refer to our Student Application form for requirements.

What levels of membership are there?

We have four levels of membership. These are Professional, Intermediate, Associate and Student. Please refer to the Member Benefits document for details regarding the inclusions of each level. 

  • Professional and Intermediate Members are for those already qualified in Reflexology.

  • Student Membership is for those currently studying an approved Certificate of Clinical Reflexology or HLT Reflexology Diploma offered through a registered training organisation. Check the criteria on the application form for a full explanation of each level.

  • Associate Membership is available for people that aren't qualified in Reflexology but have an interest in our therapy and wish to receive our state and national newsletters, printed Journal, industry news and other membership benefits.

I have trained overseas how do I apply for membership?

As an association we can assist you in becoming a full member. We have a reciprocal arrangement with both the AOR in the UK and the TSARS in South Africa. If you are a member of one of these associations you can join automatically. If you have trained elsewhere then you will be required to complete Recognition of Prior Learning assessment.  Please contact the Membership Officer at to request more information and the required application forms.

How do I become a member?

If you recently graduated with an approved professional Reflexology qualification (Certificate of Clinical Reflexology or the HLT Diploma of Reflexology) please download and complete our Membership Application form. 

For people with older qualifications, please contact our Membership Office by telephone or email to see that you meet our membership criteria.

What does the RAoA stand for?

Reflexology Association of Australia